Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Sunday of everything Thai

Okay. So my aunt and grandma are back from Thailand, they'll be here in our house anytime soon. And I really think that I'm gonna meet them with some nice *words of wisdom* from them.


No, it's not their fault that I'm going to receive their *words of wisdom* (that's just a petty alias for what they do almost everytime) for the nth time. Oops, they're already here. Well, it's my fault for not forwarding every single message that my aunt's phone receives. Or even just email-ing it to her.

But it's not only my fault. Heck, I don't even know what's her phone number in her <insert network> SIM! Yes, we have tested it, but what she didn't remember is that she first had that SIM in the phone that she left me and her other SIM has its number with me. But noooooo, she exchanged them. So that leaves me with no idea at all how to forward to her EVERY SINGLE MESSAGE her phone gets.

Ohkay, so she just talked to me, saying that she's sent an email to me and stuff, but hey, I don't check e-mails, unless it's for some schoolwork. Seriously, it's simply stupid to tell to someone who doesn't check emails that she sent me one. Ohkay, so I, most probably, received that thing. But my aunt knows that I rarely check emails, and I'm not like her, since she'swho's already logging in and logging out since the age of Friendster. I started all this net hype when Friendster's almost nearing the end of its glory days. And we don't do emails to communicate, we use Facebook. Ugh, ignorance.

But it's all fine now, she's just a bit ridiculed with what we're all doing. Oh, at least she's not like my grandma, who's ranting about spicy food all around Thailand. I mean, Thailand is really one nation with people who loves spicy foods. Gaaaah, she's even ranting how there's no buses in Bangkok. But they brought home some banana chips. Ahaha, just like here. It's actually more OK than those that's from here. It tastes like potato chips. But it's labeled OTOP, or One Town, One Product, a program here in our country for promoting products that are only found here. But it's labeled 'Made in Thailand'. Ohoho, they also have tamarind candies, another thing that's usually seen here.

Wait, no, it's One Tambon, One Product. But still, similar. And now I knew why it tasted like potato chips. It's labeled 'Salty Flavor'. Ahaha, for 100 Baht. So, if one baht is about one and a half peso, then it's reaaaally expensive compared to the local version.

Tuesday's our orientation. Agh, we have to wear our uniform. But hey, we might even know what section we're in. But before that, I'm going to meet the dentist a day before that. So, tomorrow, we'll have a check-up with the family dentist... *drumroll* my aunt. Yes, that same aunt who's just from Thailand. Gaaaaaaah.

So, bye for now. Lemme eat more of the salty banana chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment